Havoc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Statistics
We have 234 registered users
The newest registered user is warantoi

Our users have posted a total of 558 messages in 170 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 130 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:12 am

Admin Application [APPROVED]

+4
KidYouWannaBe
Modestx
Tilose
Palistus
8 posters

Go down

Admin Application [APPROVED] Empty Admin Application [APPROVED]

Post  Palistus Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:11 pm

As the description says, I'm applying to be a head admin of this server.

Why, you ask? You've always been a level 3 mod, never an admin, and yea!!!!

Well, simply put is I'm tired of not being able to do anything about the rampant suspected admin abuse, proven and unproven. I'm tired of not being able to police the server to my full potential, and I'm one of the only people that I believe is trusted enough by the general populace, and you, Modest, to do it.

I have the backing of many people on this, and am applying mostly due to encouragement. It's hard to forsake PvP, but I wish to see this server flourish, and the current admins simply are not going to do that.

I want to have a server with fully trusted staff, and with half the server saying that Chris/Tate are abusing their powers, proof given in some cases, and witnesses of them admitting the hacking in TS from someone I trust, and possibly Llama to confirm it, I want them removed from the staff.

This is not out of any personal malice, as some may accuse me of, but it's out of the desire to improve the server, and with such actions commited, they definitely are NOT.

We all know of their history of slight abuses, deception, and some illegitimate play, especially present on other servers, but yes, it creeped into this one.

This has gone too far, too long. People have threatened to leave the server en masse, or at least a good sized group, if nothing is done about the blatant admin abuse that plagues this server. I'm currently among them, as I'm sick of watching this server be subjected to that.

Whether you believe me to be a good choice for admin or not, something still has to be done, and activity rates among other staff NEED to go up, and this server needs to be improved with a healthy heirarchy of staff. Currently, that's impossible, and mostly everyone realizes it if they're constants on the server. IF so many people say something, most likely, even if you don't wish to admit it because of personal trust, it's probably true. As someone who's allied to nobody, biased to nobody, and friends with nearly nobody on a personal level, I find myself siding with the general public on this issue, and urge action to be taken by you, Modest.

Please, to supporters of anything said here, state it on this thread, as this is nothing small to gawk at and pass by, but a needed innovative change required for the goodness of this server to prosper.

Palistus

Back to top Go down

Admin Application [APPROVED] Empty Re: Admin Application [APPROVED]

Post  Tilose Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:40 pm

I personally do not cast my vote to you being an admin. The most apparent thing is you have an outrageously short temper. Also, you have not shown much potential to even keep things at peace. I know I know. "Tilose is only an admin cause he can build" So what? I say this is true but I am also doing a "decent" job at keeping this server running smoothly.

Tilose
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  Palistus Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:41 am

Tilose wrote:I personally do not cast my vote to you being an admin. The most apparent thing is you have an outrageously short temper. Also, you have not shown much potential to even keep things at peace. I know I know. "Tilose is only an admin cause he can build" So what? I say this is true but I am also doing a "decent" job at keeping this server running smoothly.

I get temperamental when people don't abide by server policies.

Either way, your vote doesn't really mean much to me, since I find negative comments saying "I don't feel like voting for you because ____" Are pointless, and false.

Especially this one, as I'm a very patient person, though I don't particularly care to let it go.

I'm a Mod level 3 already, and have access to all admin commands except /TP, fly, godmode, etc.

This makes your point about my temper, as false as it is, invalid, though it saddens to see someone I've talked to quite a bit with such an incorrect view on my personality, as well as the reasoning I have behind personally attacking players when I do.

Take notes that I only abuse rule-breakers verbally. I do not abuse my powers, that much is evident, and if this was an app for Mod level 3, I guarantee you that you'd say the same exact thing.

That has been proven false, as I've been an excellent moderator for the past few months.

My comments towards your Head Admin status are not of spite, but of reality. You're not a full head-admin, you're simply an admin with an extra word in your name. You've been told this time and time again, yet you acted above your allotted role and temporarily demoted John_Price to "Get his attention."

You obviously don't realize how shitty it feels to have a higher rank pull this abusive move on you.

Keep in mind your place, you may be an admin, but acting as if you solely keep the server together and running is utter ridiculousness.

For 1.) I'm currently one of the most active staff, and handle many server issues.

The reason why I requested Admin was so I could deal with things players ask better.

If you think I shouldn't be allowed it, so be it, but that's all complete personal biase, and that's something I detest and discourage-- and am disappointed that you'd carry it.

Nevertheless, every person has his supporters and his naysayers. I see you're the latter.

So be it, the reason I'm requesting this position is the general populace specifically requested of me that I do it, since they, and I, believe I'd be a truly fair Admin.

Last I checked, you're one of the admins(Among 2 others) Being accused of abusing your powers on players. Whether this contains merit, I have not a clue, but just something to keep in mind ^^.

~Palistus

Palistus

Back to top Go down

Post  Modestx Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:43 am

Palistus, you do your job well! I do not disagree at all about what you have said.
However, while I agree that I believe that certain admins are abusing their powers, I also agree with tilose's statement that you have a short temper.

But fear not, I will now ban all admin PvPing on alts/mains until the matter is fully invistigated.
I will also shorten my staff on wednesday.

-Modestx-

Modestx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Palistus Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:39 pm

Modestx wrote:Palistus, you do your job well! I do not disagree at all about what you have said.
However, while I agree that I believe that certain admins are abusing their powers, I also agree with tilose's statement that you have a short temper.

But fear not, I will now ban all admin PvPing on alts/mains until the matter is fully invistigated.
I will also shorten my staff on wednesday.

-Modestx-

While I still stick to my counterpoint about the temper, this is certainly better than nothing, as I'm simply trying to improve the server, and I hope Wednesday will allow that to happen. I'd like to request the ban to Admin alts becoming permanent. People with access to the things they do shouldn't pvp on this server, no matter the trust level, it's far too abusable and leads to corrupt acts.

Palistus

Back to top Go down

Admin Application [APPROVED] Empty Palistus should be Admin

Post  KidYouWannaBe Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:10 pm

I personally think he should get the job. I do agree he has a short temper. With that being said, every time I've seen Palistus in a argument it is because someone else is breaking the rules, chris and tate for example.Whenever he does get into these arguments it seems as though he has thought them out and has very good reasoning. On the other hand all the other admins arguments seem to be " I'm an admins so your opinion doesn't matter." He is also ,in my opinion, way more intelligent than most of the other admins. And finally the players on the server actually trust and respect him which goes a long way.

KidYouWannaBe
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Palistus Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:17 pm

KidYouWannaBe wrote:I personally think he should get the job. I do agree he has a short temper. With that being said, every time I've seen Palistus in a argument it is because someone else is breaking the rules, chris and tate for example.Whenever he does get into these arguments it seems as though he has thought them out and has very good reasoning. On the other hand all the other admins arguments seem to be " I'm an admins so your opinion doesn't matter." He is also ,in my opinion, way more intelligent than most of the other admins. And finally the players on the server actually trust and respect him which goes a long way.
Thank you for wording the point I was attempting to make, and for your support.

Palistus

Back to top Go down

Post  KidYouWannaBe Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:21 pm

Palistus wrote:
Thank you for wording the point I was attempting to make, and for your support.
No problem Smile

KidYouWannaBe
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Admin Application [APPROVED] Empty I think probably not a good idea :/

Post  ace4448 Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:47 pm

I know i have almost no ranking, but i would just like these admins and mods to know that Palistus randomly slaughtered Lotito675, and raided our base. Im quite sure he would have also slaughtered me (ace4448) and jackass21 had we been on. Although I have asked him many times before in the past, he refuses to tell me exactly why he destroyed our peaceful dwelling. We didnt break any rules, offend any admins or Palistus (im sure if we did he would have killed us) and im not sure why Palistus would go and destroy our base for no reason at all. If Palistus becomes admin, which i sincerely hope he doesnt, i think he would be one of those secret PvPing admins. I dont know if this message really matters because of my ranking, but i would definately NOT advise you to make Palistus an admin.

ace4448
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  KidYouWannaBe Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:58 pm

ace4448 wrote:I know i have almost no ranking, but i would just like these admins and mods to know that Palistus randomly slaughtered Lotito675, and raided our base. Im quite sure he would have also slaughtered me (ace4448) and jackass21 had we been on. Although I have asked him many times before in the past, he refuses to tell me exactly why he destroyed our peaceful dwelling. We didnt break any rules, offend any admins or Palistus (im sure if we did he would have killed us) and im not sure why Palistus would go and destroy our base for no reason at all. If Palistus becomes admin, which i sincerely hope he doesnt, i think he would be one of those secret PvPing admins. I dont know if this message really matters because of my ranking, but i would definately NOT advise you to make Palistus an admin.
Mods are allowed to pvp, so this has nothing to do with anything.

KidYouWannaBe
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Palistus Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:40 pm

ace4448 wrote:I know i have almost no ranking, but i would just like these admins and mods to know that Palistus randomly slaughtered Lotito675, and raided our base. Im quite sure he would have also slaughtered me (ace4448) and jackass21 had we been on. Although I have asked him many times before in the past, he refuses to tell me exactly why he destroyed our peaceful dwelling. We didnt break any rules, offend any admins or Palistus (im sure if we did he would have killed us) and im not sure why Palistus would go and destroy our base for no reason at all. If Palistus becomes admin, which i sincerely hope he doesnt, i think he would be one of those secret PvPing admins. I dont know if this message really matters because of my ranking, but i would definately NOT advise you to make Palistus an admin.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

I don't really think I have to respond to this message though, as there's seriously nothing wrong with me killing you Razz. Me PvPing now(I kill people frequently) And the actions I'd take if I were an admin are really unrelated, but your insults to my integrity are rather harsh and unfounded Sad.

Palistus

Back to top Go down

Post  ace4448 Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:10 pm

im sorry, maybe you cant comprehend what i was implying. Im saying that if u become admin, u will most likely continue with killing people for no evident reason. It also show what kind of solution you think of when you are being critisized: it is if someone displeases you, merely kill them as a solution. A suggestion is maybe you should give some reasons as to why you think the way you do.

ace4448
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  Palistus Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:01 am

ace4448 wrote:im sorry, maybe you cant comprehend what i was implying. Im saying that if u become admin, u will most likely continue with killing people for no evident reason. It also show what kind of solution you think of when you are being critisized: it is if someone displeases you, merely kill them as a solution. A suggestion is maybe you should give some reasons as to why you think the way you do.

Worst logic I've ever heard, but w.e

Palistus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleepertized Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:25 am

ace4448 wrote:im sorry, maybe you cant comprehend what i was implying. Im saying that if u become admin, u will most likely continue with killing people for no evident reason. It also show what kind of solution you think of when you are being critisized: it is if someone displeases you, merely kill them as a solution. A suggestion is maybe you should give some reasons as to why you think the way you do.

Last I checked Havoc - Dark Ages, was a HardCore PVP/Faction server, and there does not need to be a reason for someone to pillage/kill/own/raid/greif you. Correct me if I am wrong, but Like Palistus said, your statement holds no mass.
Sleepertized
Sleepertized
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Palistus Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:18 pm

Sleepertized wrote:

Last I checked Havoc - Dark Ages, was a HardCore PVP/Faction server, and there does not need to be a reason for someone to pillage/kill/own/raid/greif you. Correct me if I am wrong, but Like Palistus said, your statement holds no mass.

This ^^ Razz

Palistus

Back to top Go down

Post  arcticfox11 Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:35 pm

I personally think you should get the job you have done a great job as a mod and as a admin you can monitor if the other admins are being a little off or so and so even if you have an anger problem like tilose said that doesn't mean you would be a bad admin that means you could probably be more strict against those admins who are being... well not very smart on the subject... and i know i have little say in this but good luck!

arcticfox11
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  Palistus Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:05 pm

arcticfox11 wrote:I personally think you should get the job you have done a great job as a mod and as a admin you can monitor if the other admins are being a little off or so and so even if you have an anger problem like tilose said that doesn't mean you would be a bad admin that means you could probably be more strict against those admins who are being... well not very smart on the subject... and i know i have little say in this but good luck!

Thank you for your support.

Palistus

Back to top Go down

Admin Application [APPROVED] Empty Re: This is not a Mod App

Post  KidYouWannaBe Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:12 pm

This decision is taking forever XD
Best of luck Palistus
btw I'm now on the TOP POSTERS, which isn't a big deal but it makes me feel good inside I love you

KidYouWannaBe
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Palistus Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:13 pm

KidYouWannaBe wrote:This decision is taking forever XD
Best of luck Palistus
btw I'm now on the TOP POSTERS, which isn't a big deal but it makes me feel good inside I love you

Thanks XD, and so am I ;D

Palistus

Back to top Go down

Admin Application [APPROVED] Empty Congratulations

Post  Sleepertized Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:00 am

Hello Palistus,
I am writing this to inform you that, with great confidence, I have promoted you to Admin. Now doing so, even though I feel it is not necessary for me to mention, come with great responsibility, power, and pride. All of these I feel you will manage with the utmost resolve for what is best for the server.

The reason I have decided to do this, to be put simply, is because you, out of all other people "including me at times", are the best suited to help govern the server, due to the fact that you have been with Havoc long enough to know what is allowed and what isn't "written in the rules or just by word of mouth/common sense."

I hope you the best of luck my friend, and hope you find that this is what you feel you truly need/want to do to be happy here at Havoc.

-Best Regards,
-Sleepertized

(P.S) If anyone objects, shut it, I know, You know, hell even Modest knows that Palistus is the right man for the job. Any questions private message me, This thread will be locked tomorrow at ~12:00 P.M "Noon".
Sleepertized
Sleepertized
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Palistus Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:33 am

Sleepertized wrote: Hello Palistus,
I am writing this to inform you that, with great confidence, I have promoted you to Admin. Now doing so, even though I feel it is not necessary for me to mention, come with great responsibility, power, and pride. All of these I feel you will manage with the utmost resolve for what is best for the server.

The reason I have decided to do this, to be put simply, is because you, out of all other people "including me at times", are the best suited to help govern the server, due to the fact that you have been with Havoc long enough to know what is allowed and what isn't "written in the rules or just by word of mouth/common sense."

I hope you the best of luck my friend, and hope you find that this is what you feel you truly need/want to do to be happy here at Havoc.

-Best Regards,
-Sleepertized

(P.S) If anyone objects, shut it, I know, You know, hell even Modest knows that Palistus is the right man for the job. Any questions private message me, This thread will be locked tomorrow at ~12:00 P.M "Noon".

Thank you! I won't let you, or the server down.

Alas, this means farewell to pvping, but it is a sacrifice I am more than willing to make to help the server have an admin both active and righteous.

I look forward to policing the server! Razz

Palistus

Back to top Go down

Post  W4ke Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:30 pm

And not a few days later is the server down due to Palistus abusing world edit and surrounding spawn entirely with lava. Noone can get into the server because multiple admins are trying to fix this monumental screw up. We'll put the temp banning and mutes palistus uses when people disagree with him. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

W4ke
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  Palistus Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:16 pm

W4ke wrote:And not a few days later is the server down due to Palistus abusing world edit and surrounding spawn entirely with lava. Noone can get into the server because multiple admins are trying to fix this monumental screw up. We'll put the temp banning and mutes palistus uses when people disagree with him. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I'll accept the WE issue, but I know who you are now. You that douchebag who trapped someone in a lava spawn that's inescapable.

What did you expect me to do, leave him there, dying for 10 minutes?

You acted disrespectful to me, calling me abusive in your "opinion" so in my opinion, tempbanning you for 5 minutes wasn't abusing.

Honestly, I don't give a shit if I fucked the server up. Multiple admins are doing something? GOOD, maybe they'll actually stay a while this time and look after the server. If so, then this brought more good than harm. If not? Still a trash server without any good admins and a shitty playerbase full of 12 year olds such as yourself that is doomed to failure since the ONLY time Modest actually gives a shit is when people mess with the server, and even then, apparently not too much as he started a game of League after I "Griefed" spawn.

There's very few people who I'm regretful of my actions for, I can count them on one hand: Sleeper, Mono, and a select other few friendly faces. Those are the ONLY people who deserve my apologies for this, because Sleeper had faith in me. I broke it. And now Mono doesn't have a good admin to watch over the server anymore. Yes, I was a good admin, and I'm not disputing that. One fuck-up does not an abusive admin make.

The other WE error happened to Blades, not you, which I fixed effeciently. You're just pissed because I muted you and got someone out of the spawn-in-lava trap after they were at -10 power already, which admins should do.

Palistus

Back to top Go down

Post  W4ke Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:34 pm

Judging from the response, I'm apparently not the only person who's experienced your wrath incurred by a "difference of opinion". You are also falling in line with the stereotype that kids in highschool cannot,and should not be admins for lack of maturity,responsibility,and generally giving a shit about how their actions affect others. Don't get me wrong there are some kids your age that can handle being admin,but they are the exception,and you certainly, are not.

W4ke
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down